Protect Geauga Parks has created this scholarship program to assist students in Geauga County who will graduate from high school in 2019 and who plan to study the natural sciences.
Three scholarships will be given in 2018. The amount of each scholarship is $1000.00.
Qualified applicants will:
- Have an interest in studying one of the Natural or Environmental Sciences
- Have demonstrated a commitment to conservation through extra-curricular activities, projects, or part-time employment
- Graduate from high school in the Spring of 2019.
Applications should include:
- Contact information of the applicant and parent or legal guardian
- An essay of 500 – 1000 words that describes how your projects or activities demonstrate the importance of conservation to you
- A letter of recommendation from a student advisor, volunteer coordinator, employer, or parent/guardian.
Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Sunday, September 30, 2018
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by October 15, 2018.
- Public presentation of the scholarships will take place at the 2018 Protect Geauga Parks Heroes of Conservation Reception on November 11, 2018.
- Each scholar will be asked to give a short acceptance speech at the Reception.
Submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit hard copy to: Protect Geauga Parks, PO Box 1064, Chardon, Ohio 44024
Questions? Contact email@example.com before September 28, 2018