Submitted by Damon Appel
Geauga County needs to vote MATTHEW RAMBO as its new Probate/Juvenile Judge on 3/17/2020.
From the archives, here’s another example of the current Judge Grendell’s tyranny, manipulation and chicanery:
The summary: Clearly, Judge Grendell doesn’t like Auditors or Commissioners. He and his staff just like whatever he asks for in the name of the Court to be paid without question. Last June, the police had to be called because Grendell’s staff swiped records from County Auditor Chuck Walder’s office.
In 2014, Grendell threatened the then-current Auditor Frank Gliha with jail time if he didn’t immediately pay the courts bills.
Grendell also tried to jail Chester Township Commissioners who didn’t vote for the Park expenditures he wanted…which wound-up in a protracted legal battle which Grendell LOST…and thereafter Grendell had his friend in the Ohio legislature, Bill Seitz, try to introduce legislation which would codify into law the very power to have had those commissioners jailed.
(Everything always seems SO convoluted to digest and relate to when it comes to Grendell. Is it not clear yet that this is NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOUR for an elected local judge?)
Getting back to THIS article, relating to May 2019 before the police were called against Grendell’s staff: it seems that Auditor Walder and Grendell had been feuding for some time. Walder even went to the Ohio Attorney General to seek guidance, and confirm that his understanding of the Ohio Revised Code was correct: he has a right as Auditor to demand proof of services for vendors that Grendell wants paid.
Of course, yet again, we see State Rep (and Grendell buddy) Bill Seitz try to introduce legislation which just so happens would give Grendell exactly the authority to get paid without question that he wants.
Also seen in this article: Grendell’s son in Cincinnati legally representing vendors on his Dad’s court, involved with this dispute with Walder.
Look at the Grendell friends & family hold on Geauga County and the State:
1. For years, Diane Grendell, Judge Tim’s wife, sat on the Ohio Court of Appeals for his district.
2. When Diane vacated her seat, Democrat Mary Jane Trapp was elected to it in 2019 (who infamously produced that Chester park report for Grendell for $37k in 2014)
3. Diane Grendell was in the Statehouse before Judge Tim was, and he tried to get her appointed to his Senatorial chair but refused to take his House seat, before he landed upon the judgeship appointment from then-Governor Kasich.
4. State Rep Bill Seitz worked with Judge Tim when he was a Senator, circa 2010, and has multiple times since tried to introduce legislation which would backdoor the unconstitutional powers Grendell doesn’t have, but thinks he should and has unsuccessfully attempted to use.
5. Grendell’s son, James, got paid privately in 2019 to represent vendors against the Geauga County Auditor’s office.
6. Grendell appointed the head of the Geauga County Democratic Party, Janet Carson, in 2014 to serve on the board of the Portage-Geauga Juvenile Detention Center (and thereafter no Democrat has challenged him in 2 successive elections).
7. Geauga Commissioner Ralph Spidaleiri helped push through Carson’s appointment without the full normal quorum.
8. Diane Grendell is running for State House this election (meaning, DOUBLE the “Grendell” election signs in the county, while ‘technically’ not violating election funding laws). BTW, she was appointed to the seat currently, against the wishes of the local Republican Party, NOT elected.
9. Probably more associations to the Grendell Swamp that I’ve forgotten, or just haven’t uncovered yet…
THIS is just one example of Judge Tim Grendell’s much-touted status as “fiscally conservative and legally experienced”. Twisted. Corrupt. Manipulative. Un-American. Stay tuned for more from the archives; that’s just a small part…
We need a Judge we can be proud of. We need MATTHEW RAMBO for Judge in the Republican Primary on 3/17/2020!
Protect Geauga Parks endorses and supports Matt Rambo for Geauga County Probate/Juvenile Court Judge in the March 17 Republican Primary election.
Please request a Republican Party ballot and vote for Matt Rambo.
Protect Geauga Parks is a 501(c)4 not-for-profit corporation
This communication is not authorized by any candidate, political party or campaign committee.