Ohio Primary Election now by mail only
After a week of uncertainty around the fate of that election, the Ohio General Assembly recently passed Amended House Bill 197, which included an extension to allow Ohioans to safely vote by mail on or before Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
If you have already voted,
For those of you who already voted (either by mail or by in-person early vote) your vote will be counted on April 28, 2020.
If you have not voted,
|There will be no in-person voting (except for voters with disabilities or those who cannot receive mail at their residence). You will need to vote absentee by mail. Here is the process outlined by the General Assembly:
1. Request your absentee vote-by-mail application.
A postcard will be sent from the Secretary of State to all registered Ohioans notifying us about the process. But you need not wait for that postcard to apply for your absentee ballot. Here’s how you can obtain an absentee vote-by-mail application:
- Print out an application which is available from the Secretary of State’s website at voteohio.gov.
- If you do not have access to a printer, you can also call the Geauga County Board of Elections and request the application form be mailed to you. (440) 279-2030
- 2. Fill out the application and mail the completed form to the county Board of Elections. Make sure you mark March 17, 2020 as the election date.
3. You will then receive your blank ballot in the mail. Complete your ballot. Mail it back or drop it off at the county Board of Elections office. The address of the Geauga County Board of Elections is 470 Center Street, Building #6-A, Chardon, Ohio 44024
Remember these important dates:
- Request your absentee vote-by-mail application TODAY (but no later than Saturday, April 25 @ noon).
- Mail your completed ballots with a postmark of no later than Monday, April 27 – OR – Drop off at the Board of Elections office by 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28.
| So… ACT NOW to make sure you receive your absentee ballot in time to make your vote count.
Geauga County Board of Elections
470 Center Street, Building #6-A
Chardon, Ohio 44024